The whole point of a motorcycle helmet is to keep you safe while you’re riding at high speeds. You’ll want something that’s comfortable too, though, which is where Shoei comes in. Shoei is known for their aerodynamic and comfortable helmets that keep you safe and comfortable at the same time, but when you’re buying one, which one should you get? Check out these three great options, and figure out which one to pick too!
- Four shell sizes
- Dual density EPS liner
- Superior ventilation
- 3D Max-Dry System II Liner
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick-Release System) CWR-1 Shield System
The whole point of a good helmet is to have something that fits your head snugly to protect you in the off chance of a crash. That’s exactly what one of the four sizes of this Shoei Parameter helmet will do.
Note the dual density EPS liner, along with the superior ventilation to keep you cool as well. Thanks to the max-dry system II liner, you won’t need to worry about your helmet feeling hot and sweaty when you want to ride safely even on a hot day. Of course, the Emergency Quick-Release Shield System will help when it comes to your safety too. You can read our full review here.
- It’s made with a little bit of color to match your style and keep you visible
- The four sizes ensure that it fits you nicely.
- Wraps around your head for full protection
- Not a lot of people have checked out this helmet
You can pick out this Shoei Neotec in any size that works for you, and the best part? It will only weigh one pound, meaning that it will feel comfortable on your head even if you’re wearing it for a long time. The exhaust outlets will help with your comfort level too.
Don’t buy it just for comfort though. They’ve done wind tunnel testing on this helmet to check out the aerodynamics in a variety of riding positions. That’s why they’ve included a spoiler to reduce the lift and drag, and a chin bar to keep it feeling stable on your head.
Beyond the stability, this helmet includes foam inside to keep you safe and absorb the full impact of any extra energy. Drive safely will the support and with the noise reduction and sun shield system too.
- Despite being a modular helmet, it’s very comfortable
- There’s no neck tension even after long rides
- You’re able to crack open the screen while riding, giving you even more air
- Not many people have wanted to try this option
- GT-Air II Design Concept.Released in 2013, as SHOEI's premium touring full-face helmet with an internal sun shield, the original SHOEI GT-Air established this type of helmet as a functional and stylish alternative appreciated by many riders, owing to
- SHOEI has now released the all-new GT-Air II, a helmet that evolves the GT-Air's functionality, performance, and design primarily for touring use to a new, higher level of experience.The SHOEI GT-Air II integrates the optional SENA SRL 2 Bluetooth com
- The GT-Air II is also equipped with a CNS-1 face shield and baseplate system; allowing the face shield to open slightly more in its "cracked open" position to reduce fogging of the shield at low speed.
- The GT-Air II also uses an all-new extended QSV-2 inner sun shield for improved coverage of the rider's face in bright sunny conditions.
- Inheriting the functionality, performance, and design of the GT-Air, the GT-Air II further enhances the performance of the internal sun shield, full-face helmet.Features:Aerodynamic Shell Design:Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind-
Let’s not forget about this final Shoei GT Helmet, which comes in a variety of sizes and colors to match both your style and your size. The air design is made to keep you comfortable, while the internal sun shield will allow you to keep your eyes on the road. This design is both comfortable and stylish, not to mention that there’s even Bluetooth communication capabilities included so that you can still speak on the phone while you’re mobile.
Crack open the face shield slightly as you go along to reduce fogging at low speeds. It helps that this option has great aerodynamics too, meaning that it will both fit your head comfortably and feel great while you’re riding even at high speeds too.
- Its aerodynamics are great at reducing neck fatigue
- The helmet is quiet when there’s wind around you
- Visor does not leak air and still prevents fogging
- Doesn’t include as much stability as other options
What Makes Shoei Motorcycle Helmets Good?
You’re looking for a motorcycle helmet, and that’s where Shoei shines. This company is a Japanese one and has been producing motorcycle helmets since 1958. They’ve certainly perfected their craft, using carbon fiber Kevlar-infused helmets to keep you completely safe while you’re riding. There’s more to Shoei than just the material they’re constructed with.
These helmets are made to be durable but are also made to keep you comfortable as you ride along too. They include a ventilation system, along with a coverless face shield system. Shoei was actually the first to introduce this system.
Shoei focuses on comfort as a part of their safety. This is why they include features like the podless face shield system, which is made specifically to reduce wind resistance and neck fatigue, along with white noise.
Check out the EPS liner on these helmets too, since they’re made specifically to absorb all impact in order to keep you safe. If you do happen to get into a crash, the cells will crush together to prevent your head from taking any of the force.
How to Choose a Shoei Helmet
How exactly should you choose which helmet to buy? All Shoei helmets are great, so picking one out will likely be the hardest part. Here’s what to look for before making your choice.
Protection and Cushioning
Make sure that your helmet can absorb shock from any blow—this includes from a direct blow and from any potentially sharp objects. The best sort of protection will be from carbon fiber and woven Kevlar. The best sort of cushioning will ensure that it remains stable on your head as you go along.
Check to be sure that there’s some stability to your helmet. For it to be effective, after all, it needs to stay in place on your head even if you take a hard impact.
Obviously, you’re driving, so you need to be sure that you have a good view of the road and that your peripheral vision isn’t compromised by the helmet.
Yes, style matters, even if it’s not the most important thing when it comes to your helmet. You want something that will look great and feel great, so first, pick out something which is either open or closed. For their part, many Shoei options are closed with the option to open them slightly to let more air in. This means that they will protect your eyes, nose, and face.
Do be sure that your helmet fits you. It should fit your head shape, which you can measure with just a simple measuring tape. After you know your numbers, see if you can try the helmet on. This will ensure that you know how it feels before you take the leap. For this reason, try to wear the helmet for a little while before you buy it. See also our kids to kids helmets and sizing.
The whole point of a good motorcycle helmet is to keep your head protected, but you’ll love the Shoei helmets because they’re both safe and comfortable. Pick out one based on sizing, style, comfort, and safety features. No matter which one you pick though, your helmet will keep you safe for the long haul.
You might also like: