Let’s face it. The motorcycle industry is heavily geared towards men. Sometimes it is hard to find a nice helmet with designs that many women prefer. That is why we have scoured the market to find some of the best women’s motorcycle helmets that perform great and fit that lovely aesthetic that is so lacking in the market – women can also have badass helmets too.
Bell Qualifier Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet
- Helmet shown with optional tinted shield. Ships with clear shield only
- LIGHTWEIGHT POLYCARBONATE/ABS COMPOSITE SHELL – Lightweight construction
- THREE SHELL and EPS DESIGN – Small overall size, Personalized fit and Lightweight
- CLICKRELEASE SHIELD SYSTEM – The fastest, easiest, tool-free shield swaps ever
- Industry-leading five-year warranty.DOT approved. Meets the FMVSS 218 Standard
This full face helmet by Bell features an awesome black and pink design. Classy with its matte finish, but cool with a black camo design and artistic pink lines throughout. Other colors are available if the pink and black combo are not for you.
One of the great things about this helmet is that it comes in a variety of sizes (extra small through triple extra large). This means you can get your measurements and make sure that you are getting a helmet that will fit you snugly.
This DOT approved helmet meets the FMVSS 218 standard and the shell is crafted with lightweight polycarbonate and ABS composite. This means that it meets safety guidelines and the material is durable and sturdy.
This durable helmet is crafted with quality materials and meets industry standards for safety. It is lightweight, weighing in at approximately 3.6-pounds. The overall size of the helmet is small with no features that jut out. Vents are placed throughout for airflow.
You can get an optional tinted visor, but that does not come with your initial purchase despite the images showing the helmet with the tinted visor.
- Lightweight at only 3.6 pounds
- Many vents for good airflow
- Five-year warranty
- Front vents do not have mesh covers
WOW Motorcycle Full Face Helmet
- DOT Approved; Size L (57-58 CM,22.4/22.8 Inch)
- Light Weight Durable Aerodynamic Thermoplastic Alloy Shell
- Beautiful Glossy UV Protective Finish
- Heavily cushioned and comfortable interior, Removable and washable
- Removable and washable padding
You will be pretty in pink with this wow-worthy helmet by WOW. Delicate Japanese cherry blossom outlines are painted over a gorgeous and sleek ivory. This helmet comes in a variety of sizes, so be sure to measure yourself for accuracy.
The lightweight build lends itself well to long adventures on your motorcycle, while the full face design keeps you protected from debris and bugs. The interior is padded and cushioned to keep you comfortable. And, bonus perk, the inside is removable and washable so you can easily toss it in with the laundry and have it ready for the next day.
The visor is beautiful and has a purple sheen to it that adds a bit of jazz to the aesthetic. The lightweight design is about 4-pounds because of the durable and aerodynamic materials used for the shell. Thermoplastic alloy is used on the shell to keep the helmet light yet durable. The glossy coat also has a UV protected finish to keep it from dulling over time.
- Thermoplastic alloy
- Well ventilated
- Comfortable padding
- Visor can break easily
Typhoon Women’s Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
- Full face motorcycle helmet with open/close locking air intake vents, flip-up face shield, removable chin skirt, durable matte finish
- Meets the DOT standard (FMVSS218); We ensure that the helmets we sell meet the DOT standard by having them tested regularly at an independent test facility
- Quick release strap; Removable and washable liner
- Please be aware that if you return this item for a refund your order will be refunded less the original shipping charges we incurred to ship the order to you
- PLEASE MEASURE & CHECK YOUR SIZE BEFORE ORDERING (Circumference of the largest part of your head, usually just above the eyebrows) in inches X-Small: 22 to 22 1/2 - SMALL: 22 ½ to 23 - MEDIUM: 23 to 23 ½ - LARGE: 23 ½ to 24 - XL: 24 to 24 ½ - XXL: 24 ½ to 25 - XXXL: 25 to 25 ½ - XXXXL: 25 ½ to 26; (Circumference of the largest part of the head, just above the eyebrows and around the back of the head). Do not pull the tape (or string) tight, leave a little slack
Typhoon Helmets brings us a gorgeously designed full face helmet with some nice touches. The face shield on this helmet flips up for your convenience. The chin skirt is removable for those who don’t always feel like dealing with that. Air intake vents along the helmet open and close to lock into place depending on the weather and your comfort.
The matte design on the helmet really is quite pretty. Black undertones allow the pink and white design to pop through.
Washable interior liners are amazing for those who live in hot climates and do not like dealing with the lingering odors from the day before. This helmet comes in multiple sizes and has a quick release strap. It meets DOT standards for safety ratings. Polycarbonate shell keeps the helmet light and durable.
- Contoured cheek pads for comfort
- Washable liner
- Adjustable air intake
- The fit runs big despite the measurements
Nitrinos Full Face Women’s Motorcycle Helmet
- Full face helmet
- The product is certified to comply with DOT, CSA, ECE/EN safety certification
- Helmet Material: Advanced ABS
- Size measuring : (Circumference of the largest part of your head, usually just above the eyebrows) M : 52-55cm,L:56-57cm,XL:58-59cm,XXL:60-62cm
- Three colors of visor for your choices:Rainbow, Black or Transparent visor, please leave me massages for the visor color you want
This unique helmet is the cat’s meow – seriously. Nitrinos has created a brilliant motorcycle helmet that has cat ears built in. The overall sleek black appearance looks amazing with the perfectly sized cat ears. We love this design.
Various sizes are offered allowing you to measure yourself and get an accurate fit. The visor comes in three different colors: Transparent, rainbow, and black. So, it looks cool and protects your eyes from nasty debris and bugs.
Cat ears and all, this helmet is certified to comply with the following safety criteria: DOT, CSA, and ECE/EN. A bit heavier than other styles on this list at 4.3-pounds, but that accounts for the ear design. The ears are also removable in case you do not want to wear them all the time. If you don’t liek the car ears, you could always my a helmet mohawk!
- Seriously cute design with cat ears
- Safety certified
- Assorted sizes for comfort
- The helmet lacks great ventilation
1Storm Motorcycle Modular Full Face
- DOT Approved; Size M (57-58 CM,22.4/22.8 Inch)
- Advanced Modular/Flip up and Dual Lens Design (inner smoked lens/outer clear shield);
- Light Weight Durable Aerodynamic Thermoplastic Alloy Shell
- Beautiful Racing UV Protective Finish
- Removable and Washable Padding
This 1Storm full face helmet looks is all about protection while still looking nice. Black and purple designs all along the helmet have a strong tropical vibe to keep you in that happy summer mood. This modular helmet design means you can quickly flick up the chin bar when things are getting too hot.
The helmet comes in an assortment of sizes for your comfort. The padding on the interior is cushiony and removable so you can wash it with the rest of your laundry. It comes with dual lenses and the inner clear shied flips up so it is out of your face when you do not want it there. Strong materials like thermoplastic alloy along the shell keep this helmet durable. The paint is protected with a UV resistant finish. It is DOT approved.
- Durable and DOT approved
- Hard to wear with glasses
Qualities to Keep in Mind When Buying a Women’s Motorcycle Helmet
Not all helmets are made equally and not every helmet is going to fit your needs. Before committing, compare your favorite choices with this list of helmet qualities that you should consider before purchasing. You want to be sure that you are getting the best option for your safety and needs.
The number one feature of any helmet has got to be its ability to protect your head in case of an accident. After all, safety is why helmets were invented.
There are different types of helmets for motorcycles that you will find on the market. We chose the safest option for our list: Full face helmets. These helmets not only protect you from an accident, but they protect your face and eyes from debris, rocks, and weather.
Half style helmets only cover the top of your head and provide less protection than their full faced counterparts. While both types will help you out in an accident, we prefer and recommend the safer of the two.
Before jumping into a purchase, you should have some idea of what you are willing to spend and what you get for that price. Some helmets really jack the price up with unnecessary decorations or branded character replicas, but that does not mean that they are good helmets.
Make sure to look at the value of the helmet along with the cost and make sure that you are getting proper protection along with an aesthetic style that you are going to enjoy. We found helmets for our list that we feel are priced fairly and look great.
Size is another heavy hitter for helmet considerations. Each manufacturer typically will provide a size guide so you can measure yourself and compare it against their chart to find the best size for you.
An ill-fitting helmet will be uncomfortable to wear as well as pose a danger to you in case of an accident. Remember: Always compare your measurements to each manufacturers’ size chart.
After you make sure that the helmet fits, you should consider how comfortable it will be for you. You want your rides to be enjoyable without chaffing, scratches, or uncomfortable pressure. Adjustable features will let you size things accordingly to your specific head shape.
Extra padding in places like the cheeks and along the top are also beneficial. One of the most overlooked features is proper airflow throughout the helmet to help prevent sweaty discomfort.
Many helmets come equipped with additional features that may interest you, but they are not going to be relevant to everyone or your safety. Bluetooth technology equipped in the helmet is popular right now since it allows you to listen to music or even take calls on your phone for emergencies.
Other helmets come with colored visors for either aesthetics or to provide UV-protection for your eyes. Some offer adjustable straps for a more customized fit. Others yet even offer things like washable pads. We all know helmets can get smelly quick, so having the option for a quick wash is nice.
Most helmets will not come with all, or any, of these extras. Some of the accessories can be purchased separately and added onto your helmet after purchase.
Along with finding a helmet that is accurately sized and comfortable for you, it can be tough finding a design that you also enjoy. These budget friendly options on this list all have beautiful designs along the outside shell. Quality, looks, and safety all sold together on this list of best helmets for women.